CCSD’s School Nutrition Program Mission is to encourage students to make smart choices in the cafeteria and outside of school, promoting the overall health and well-being by providing nutritious meals prepared in sanitary facilities and serviced in a supportive and positive environment.
Did you know.....
- We are a self-supporting entity of Cherokee County Schools. We participate in the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program and provide After School Snacks to sites who qualify.
- No financial support is currently received from local tax dollars to support our program. The majority of funds received are from our customers (students and adults) that eat with us and reimbursement from the Federal Government.
- We served over 1.7 million school breakfasts and over 4 million school lunches during the 2021-2022 school year.
- There are 40 food service operations, including Ralph Bunche Center PreK, L. R. Tippens Learning Center and Active Academy.
- 23 Elementary Schools
- 7 Middle Schools
- 6 High Schools
- We employ over 300 food service professionals.
- The SNP health inspection scores for food service operations average 99 or higher.
- All of SNP employees take required sanitation training and our Kitchen Managers and Assistant Managers are ServSafe certified. We are also HACCP and OSHA compliant.